All-Pro’s Top 10 Regular Season Track Meets of 2018
The 2018 Track & Field season is right around the corner, and we can hardly wait for it to begin. There will be lots of great Indoor & Outdoor meets this upcoming season, but there are a few that we always mark our calendars for every season. The Championship meets are a given to be much anticipated every season, but it’s during the regular season where we find the hidden stars/diamond in the rough athletes in the sport. Below list our top 10 meets we look forward to during the 2018 Indoor & Outdoor Track Season.
10. Nike Prefontaine Classic When: May 26th, 2018 Where: Euguene, Oregon This meet was historic before the Diamond League, but now it adds just a little bit more. You can always expect a world leading time to be set at this event.
9. ISSA/Grace Kennedy Boys and Girls Championships- When: March 20th, 2018- March 24th, 2018 Where: Jamaica National Stadium The future of Jamaican Athletics will be at this meet, along with 50-100 American College coaches, and a few agents looking for the best talent in Jamaica.
8. IAAF Doha Diamond League- When: May 4th, 2018 Where: Doha, Qatar The first Diamond League meet of the season is always exciting. It’s fun to see who takes the early lead on points, which is never a great indication of who will win the titles.
7. IAAF World Indoor Tour- When: February 3rd, 2018 Where: Karlsruhe (Messehalle) Germany This will be the first installment of the Indoor World Tour for 2018, and that’s the reason we have it listed. We can hardly wait to see the world’s best compete indoors.
6. Michael Johnson Invitational- When: April 21st, 2018 Where: Waco, Texas When the Greatest American Sprinter of All Time has a meet, you now that it will be good. This is always a great event. The Staff at Baylor University deserve a lot of credit.
5. National Relay Championships- When: April 27th-April 28th 2018 Where: Fayetteville, AR We are very excited to see how this meet will be received by the fans. We think this is a great idea. It will be interesting to see the ranking after a weekend of Penn Relays, and this meet.
4. New Balance Indoor Grand Prix- When: February 10th, 2018 Where: Reggie Lewis Center Roxbury Crossing, MA This is one of the premier events in the sport of Athletics. Every season the top sprinters & distance runners have great performances.
3. Texas Relays- When: March 28th- March 31st 2018 Where: Austin, Texas Mike A. Myers Stadium and Soccer Field Texas Relays is always diverse with professionals, high level high school, and great collegiate athletes.
2. Pepsi Florida Relays- When: March 29-March 31st 2018 Where: Gainesville, FL
James G. Pressly Stadium, Percy Beard Track This is a great meet every season from the standpoint that many professionals use this meet as a starting point for the outdoor season, last season’s meet was a great indication of that. With that the competition is always great there.
1. Penn Relays- When: April 26th-April 28th 2018 Where: Philadelphia, Pa. Franklin Field If you love Track & Field you have to experience this meet at least once in your lifetime. The Jamaican crowd is the best, and the professional races are always entertaining.