Day: December 1, 2017
The Indoor season is around the corner. Over the next few weeks we will list the top returning athletes from different conferences. This edition we will take a look at the Sun Belt Conference.
20. Franz Beyer(UL-Lafayette)- He will be back in 2018 to defend his Sun Belt Heptathlon title.
19. Asrid Rosvall (UT-Arlington)- She was great as a Freshman, where she won the 800 meter Indoor Sun Belt Title,then placed 2nd in the Mile with a PR of 4:53.28. We think she will win both in 2018.
18. Devina Schneider(Texas State)- She will be back to improve on her personal bests of 4:53.47 in the Mile, and 9:54.91 in the 3000 meters. She set both at the Sun Belt Indoor championships where she won the Mile, and finished 2nd in the 3000 meters.
17. Helen Falda(UT-Arlington)- She won the Indoor Sun Belt Pole Vault title in 2017 with ease. We look for her to improve on her personal best.
16. Lincoln Warren (Texas State)- He won the 400 meter indoor crown last season with Teammate Demarcus Porter , and He will be back in 2018 to take sole position of the throne.
15. Tian SteenKamp (Arkansas State)- He set Personal Bests in the High Jump both Indoor & Outdoor. He will look to defend his Indoor Conference title.
14. Joeseph Meade(Texas State)- He ran a personal best 14:30.47 to win the Sun Belt 5000 meter Indoor title in 2017. The Junior will be back to improve on this in 2018.
13. Jemal Parham(UL-Monroe)- He will be back to defend his Indoor Long Jump title in 2018.
12. Joel Duren(UT-Arlington)- At last seasons Indoor Conference Championships he double dipped by winning the 3000 meter title, and the Mile. He will look to continue his dominance in 2018.
11. Rafeal Scott (South Alabama)- He will look to repeat as the 60 meter dash champion during the 2018 season where he ran 6.67 to win.
10. Jamil Peeples(Arkansas State)- He is a great athlete, and has had a brilliant career at Arkansas State. He has won the last two 60 meter hurdle Indoor Sun Belt Titles, and placed 2nd in the Long Jump at the 2017 Indoor Championships. He will look for the 3-Peat in 2018.
9. Michael Guerrero(UT-Arlington)- Her took home the bronze medal in the 3000 & 5000 meter events at the 2017 Sun Belt Indoor Conference Championships. He is primed to make the podium in 2018.
8. Erik Martinsson(UT-Arlington)- He has the speed to run the 400 Meters and the strength to run the 800 meters. Last season, he won the 800 meter Indoor Sun Belt with a time of 1:51.41.
7. Sean Collins (South Alabama)- His Indoor Sun Belt career has started off great the past two seasons. The Junior will be back in 2018 aiming to win his 3rd Straight Indoor Pole Vault Sun Belt Conference title.
6. Anna Bothma(Coastal Carolina)- As a Freshman she won the 5000 Meter Sun belt Indoor Championship with a PR 16:25.25.
5. Jaylen Bacon(Arkansas State)- If he doubles to win the 60 meter dash & 200 meter dash during the indoor season it will not be a surprise for us. He has personal best of 6.56 on the 60 meters, and 21.16 in the 200 meters for Indoors.
4. Demarcus Porter (Texas State)- He has been apart of wining the 400 meter Sun Belt Indoor title the past two seasons. He will be back for the 3Peat to end a great Indoor career at Texas State.
3. Emile Berge(South Alabama)- The Pentathlon is a very tough event, to win the event takes more than skill. It requires good health, and a lot of things to fall into place. To win the Sun Belt title event as a Freshman is a great accomplishment, and that is what Emile Berge did. She will be better in 2018.
2. Chelsie Decoud (Texas State)- We are witnessing greatness!! She is the greatest High Jumper in Sun Belt history. She has won THREE straight Indoor Sun Belt High Jump titles, and will be looking to get her fourth in 2018.
1. Tramesha Hardy(Texas State)- As a Freshman she won 2 Sun Belt Indoor titles. She ran 23.61 to win the 200 meter dash, and then teamed up to win the 4×400 relay. She came back as a Sophomore to win 4 Sun Belt Indoor Titles(60m,200m,400m, 4×400) and we think will see more dominance in 2018.