Top 20 Athletes Returning to the Big Ten for the 2018 Indoor Season
20. Taylor McLaughlin (Michigan)- He returns to Ann Arbor, Michigan to improve on finishing 6th place in both the 200 & 400 meter dash at the 2017 Big Ten Indoor Conference Championships. We expect to see him contend for a conference title in 2018.
19. Tim Ehrhardt (Michigan State)- He will be back in 2018 to add an third Indoor Big Ten Pole Vault title to the trophy case.
18. Janae Moffitt (Purdue)- She has won the past two Indoor Big Ten High Jump Championships, and she will be back in 2018 for the three peat.
17. Daniel Kuhn (Indiana)- This Indoor season he will be looking to make history winning three straight Big Ten Indoor 600 meter conference titles, he has dominated the event the past two seasons. He also was apart on the Distance Medley Relay team that won the conference Indoor title.
16. Karrington Winters (Ohio State)- She set a PR in the 600 meter run of 1:27.60 at the 2017 Big Ten Indoor Championships winning the event.
15. Cody Walton (Nebraska)- He will be back to defend his Big Ten Indoor Heptathlon title , and more.
14. Gina Sereno (Michigan)- When the lights are on she performs at a high level. For the past two seasons at the Big Ten Outdoor Championships she has won the both the 5K & 10K races. Last season, she squeaked out a 3000 meter victory at the Big Ten Championships. She will be back in 2018 to repeat her success at the Big Ten Championships for Indoor & Outdoor.
13. Izaiah Brown (Rutgers)- He won both Indoor & Outdoor 400 meter dash conference titles in 2017. He will be back to do the same in 2018.
12. Georgia Ellenwood(Wisconsin)- Her performance at last years Indoor Big Ten Championships was magnificent, where she won the Pentathlon title with a total of 4122 points. A repeat could be on the horizon for her.
11. Devin Quinn (Illinois)- His 10.21 placed 3rd at the 2017 Outdoor Big Ten Championships. We look for him to perform well this Indoor season.
10. Treyton Harris (Indiana)- The 2017 Big Ten Indoor long jump champion will be back to improve on his 7.76m PR he set last season .
9. Eric Bethea (Indiana)- He will look to improve on his 16.34m Triple Jump from last season. He won the Big Ten Indoor Triple Jump.
8. Xavier Smith (Penn State)- The Reigning 60 meter dash Indoor Big Ten Champion will be back in 2018 to defend his title. Smith, was also apart of the Nittany Lion 4×400 relay team that won the Big Ten Indoor Conference title.
7. Danae Rivers (Penn State)- She has the most upside of anyone on this list. Lst season, she won the 800 meter run at the Indoor & Outdoor Big Ten Championships. To show off her versatility she took home the bronze medal in the Mile at the NCAA Division I Indoor Track & Field Championships. We are ready to see what 2018 holds.
6. Malik Moffett( Penn State)- He’s the triple threat 60m, 200m, Long Jump. In 2018, we look forward to seeing him build on his personal bests.
5. Brittany Brown(Iowa)- The 200 meter specialist won the crown at the Indoor & Outdoor Big Ten championships in 2017. We expect her to repeat as the Indoor 200 meter champion.
4. Katherine Receveur (Indiana)- She placed 6th in the 3000 meters at the 2017 NCAA Division I Indoor Track & Field Championships. We feel she will be on the podium in 2018. She will look to repeat as the Big Ten Indoor 5000 meter champion.
3. Morgan McDonald (Wisconsin)- He won both the 3K & 5K events at the 2017 Indoor Big Ten Championships, then won the 5K at the 2017 Out door Championships. His World Championship experience will help him in 2018.
2. Nick Gray (Ohio State)- Throughout his great career at Ohio State he has won, or been apart of 7 Big Ten Indoor/Outdoor event Conference titles. His Junior season could be his best yet.
1. Isaiah Harris (Penn State)-He has entered himself into the conversation after running the 20th fastest time in the world for 2017 in the 800 meters. His 1:44.53 was the third fastest American performance in 2017. We look for the 20 year old to put together more top 15 world marks in 2018.