5 Things We Learned this Weekend
On January 9, 2018 by All-Pro Track & Field Founder
Every week we will list 5 things that we saw from the weekend Track Meets.
- The Clemson Orange & Purple Classic did not disappointment – This meet had everything you wanted for a opening weekend in Track & Field. The staff at Clemson University has done a great job the past few years holding this meet, and the facility was great. There was star power, records, and great finishes. We look forward to next season.
- Texas High School Track & Field is the best in the country- If you look at our All-Pro Boys & Girls Power 25 the great State of Texas is well represented, alongside the State of Florida. When we looked at the Texas A&M High School Meet this past weekend, the display of talent was never more evident. We expect our Power 25 list to have more Texas athletes as the season continues.
- Grant Holloway remains to be dominate- We have been very high on him since his very impressive freshman season. He lets us know on Saturday that last season was last season, and he is on to add more accolades to his trophy case. He ran a NCAA leading 7.59 in the 60 meter hurdles ,and will continue to show his talents as the season goes on.
- The NCAA 60 Meter dash field will be deep- Jaylan Mitchell of North Carolina A&T put the nation on notice that he will be in the mix for the 60 meter crown, but so will other top prospects who will make their season debuts this upcoming weekend. As a staff we can count up to 9 sprinters that could be legit contenders to win the title. It will be fun to watch.
- We need more dual meets- The Tennessee vs Indiana track meet in Bloomington, Indiana was great see for the sport. I think the meet had everything a dual meet needs: A Great Venue, Quality & Quantity of talent pools for both teams, the athletes were healthy, great coaching, and close point races. We hope that both schools continue this as a traditional meet.